Service providers today are looking to determine where best to deploy capital and get the most bang for their buck. Over the past 3 years we’ve spoken to and surveyed over 30,000 IT decision makers at businesses from 1-person shops to Fortune 100 companies on what communications services they are buying and looking to buy.
The Hot List:
- Ethernet services
- Today’s Ethernet services provide the bandwidth and virtual routing capabilities required to support key applications that are becoming increasingly strategic business investments.
- Fiber to the premises
- As fiber optic cables are able to carry much more data than copper cables, especially over long distances, copper telephone networks built in the 20th century are being replaced by fiber
- Business class services
- These are the services that delight customers because they have more speed, greater capacity, and new features; ultimately the customer has more capabilities.
- One business class service you need to be offering is UCaaS. There is a huge demand for UCaaS, and if you aren’t offering it your customers are likely already getting it from someone else.
- By connecting your network to other networks you can increase its value and the value it can deliver to you down the road. To interconnect you’ll need to have a standard service offering you can provide to carriers.
The Not List:
- Pay TV
- Cord cutting is on the rise due to cost, convenience, and more options for consumers. Pay TV lost more customers than ever last year (about 3.5 million subscribers).
- DSL & copper infrastructure
- DSL vectoring is the way to do Internet over copper, but it will soon be the way of the past. It is not cost effective and really cannot compete with fiber. Copper is tech infrastructure that stifles growth.
- On-site phone systems
- Avaya recently went bankrupt. Mitel is now the largest provider of on-site phone systems. However, Mitel recently bought ShoreTel because they knew they would never last if they didn’t get to the cloud. Mitel is now recalibrating their contact center strategy and focusing on an over the top solution.
Need help getting these services off the ground? Give us a call (303)-678-1844 or email us at email@example.com and let’s start talking.